Eyewitness to Crucifixion
The Romans, the Cross, and the Sacrifice of Jesus
by Stephen M. Miller
“Few people have the gift of taking something that seems dusty and dry (like history) and giving it energy and interest, like you are reading today’s newspaper. Stephen Miller is one of those people, a real gift to those who already love history—and those about to because of Stephen’s work.”
—Mark Galli, Editor-in-Chief at Christianity Today magazine
Not for the Faint of Faith
Here’s a question: How much do you really want to know about the centerpiece of Christian belief? You know Jesus was crucified, and that His followers also endured crosses of their own—but do you know what that actually meant?
Now for the first time, best-selling journalist Stephen M. Miller shines a fascinating spotlight on eyewitness testimonies of Roman crucifixion. In Eyewitness to Crucifxion you’ll:
- Examine the historical context for your faith as seen through first-century eyes
- Gain understanding from real people who actually witnessed the horror of the cross
- Discover previously obscured scholarly knowledge, translated into casual English for everyone
- See for yourself the unvarnished, un-hyped truth about crucifixion—and make your own decisions about related, current controversies of faith
- Draw closer to Jesus in gratefulness, godly sorrow, and awe
Because how Jesus died is important—but it’s not for the faint of faith. So . . . are you ready to face the reality of the cross?
“May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.”—Apostle Paul (Galatians 6:14)